Save a tooth from extraction
Root Canal Treatment
Count on Us to Treat Your Infected Tooth
Damage to the tooth or untreated cavity can cause your teeth to be infected by bacteria. If you don't get it treated right away, the infected tissue may enter the root or pulp of the tooth.
If you have an infected tooth and are in pain, opt for the root canal treatment offered by Fantastic Smiles Ltd. The skilled dentists at our clinic will take out the bacteria and any dead or dying tissue from your tooth. This will save your tooth and soothe your pain.
Symptoms of an Infected Tooth
- Inflamed gums
- Tooth soreness while chewing
- Extreme tooth sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Bad breath
- Pus coming from around the tooth
- Painful aching in your mouth or jaw
- Tooth darkening in color
- A bump on your gum like a small pimple
Root Canal Procedure
- Firstly, our dentists might require an X-ray to determine the degree of harm to the tooth requiring the root canal
- The dentist will then apply a needle to anesthetize the area. Sometimes they stick a dental dam, or a little piece of rubber, on your tooth to preserve its cleanliness and protect it from bacteria during the procedure
- After your tooth gets numbed, the dentist will form a minuscule hole in your tooth to reach the diseased area within the root
- Following that, the dentist will remove the damaged and unhealthy pulp using small files and spray the area with water to remove debris
- Once all the damaged substance is extracted, the dentist will either place a temporary filling on your tooth or seal it for protection until you come back for your permanent crown
Call us (847) 577-5464 to schedule an appointment.
Removing infected pulp